Our construction experience is deep and comprehensive that continues to build on our 30 years of experience. Our legal work involves a strong industry understanding developed from working for major general contractors, real estate developers, subcontractors and property owners as well as serving as municipal officials charged with regulating construction and real estate. We also have attorneys on faculty at local universities teaching construction law, real estate law, and other courses.
Litigating construction and real estate matters has also maximized our perspective and enhanced our risk management abilities in drafting and negotiating contracts and other transactional documents regularly used in the construction industry. Our representative experiences and successes includes:
- Drafting and negotiating pre-construction service agreements
- Drafting mechanic’s liens and bond claims
- Preparing delay, acceleration and active interference claims
- Negotiating prime contracts for major public and private projects, including guaranteed maximum price, stipulated sum, and fixed-price contracts
- Negotiating design build and/or design agreements
- Analyze change order disputes
- Reviewing federal and state construction contract bid specifications and requirements;
- Preparing project bids submissions, project manuals and bid protests
- Managing labor issues and disputes
- Preparing subcontractor specification packages for private and public projects
- Preparing and negotiating subcontracts and project ‘flow-down’ documents
- Payment disputes
- Reviewing prime contracts and other bidding specifications for compliance and risk management issues
- Preparing teaming agreements for federal and private projects, and
- Construction finance agreements and estoppel certificates.
We, as part of our litigation practice, also handle arbitrations, mediations and litigation in both state and federal courts in all of the above matters.