Our construction law experience is deep and comprehensive. Our expertise is built on 30 years of industry experience. Our legal work incorporates that strong industry knowledge developed from representing contractors, developers, subcontractors and property owners for decades. We also have attorneys who have served as public officials, and adjunct faculty at local universities teaching construction, real estate and other courses.
We handle both construction transactional issues as well as disputes. Litigating contracts, and other disputes, has heightened our capability and awareness for contract drafting pitfalls in construction and other industries. We use these lessons, gained from decades of contract litigation, to help clients avoid risk and protect their interests when drafting and negotiating contracts. Our representative experiences and successes include:
- Drafting and negotiating pre-construction service agreements
- Drafting mechanic’s liens and bond claims
- Preparing delay, acceleration and active interference claims
- Negotiating prime contracts for major public and private projects, including guaranteed maximum price, stipulated sum, and fixed-price contracts
- Negotiating design build and/or design agreements
- Analyze change order disputes
- Reviewing federal and state construction contract bid specifications and requirements;
- Preparing project bids submissions, project manuals and bid protests
- Managing labor issues and disputes
- Preparing subcontractor specification packages for private and public projects
- Preparing and negotiating subcontracts and project ‘flow-down’ documents
- Payment disputes
- Reviewing prime contracts and other bidding specifications for compliance and risk management issues
- Preparing teaming agreements for federal and private projects, and
- Construction finance agreements and estoppel certificates.
We, as part of our litigation practice, also handle arbitrations, mediations and litigation in both state and federal courts in all of the above matters.